MotherPope

Blessed by GOD, to be loud and proud of what is good and right and true! GOD bless us, Everyone! IJCNA

Friday, August 03, 2012

My Home State of Texas does WHAT? Pt.1

It all started when my babies daddy came back, after 14 years of him being gone... and the last 10 of those years, we were told by 3 people that he was dead. My daughter and I mourned her dad for 10 long years. I dont need to go into the whole story here, because I have already posted it on this blog under Estelles Story. So... when I did look for her aunts and grandmother online in NOV 2010, I found the grandmother and we went there to see them and found out he was alive, we got in touch, still had the LOVE and he came home and we went to DPS to change his address... 'Oh no, you cant.' they said. Hmmmm... OK, well, we didnt know what to do, so we took him to the police station and he turned himself in, so he could get the paperwork with the state that he needed to change his address. After a few days he was released a free man! YIPPY... or so we thought. (The fact is, my babies daddy had been unemployed for years... and was dirt poor, depending on the kindness of others to feed and house him... he didnt have the money or the means to do anything for the courts... so he lost himself in depression and drink.) But that was the past. We were all singing in a good mood on the way home that day :) When we went back to the DPS to update it, AGAIN, we were told... "NOPE." SO they gave us an online place to resolve the issues... we went there and paid thousands of dollars in fines and fees the SR fee, reinstatement fee... everything we found, we even called a phone number to make sure it was all... when that was all done and we had our print out of the reciepts... we put all copies and necessary papers into a huge yellow envelope and sent it to Austin. The whole time, keeping the vehicle legal, registered and inspected and with insurance. Of course my babies daddy has to work... usually his fellow worker would drive, but there was some times where he HAD to drive to work. He never got in trouble for it... there was a time when he was driving our daughters car to wash it and fill it up with gas... trying to being a good dad, since he had been gone so long... and he got pulled over because the car dealership my daughter had bought the car from had not given her her plates... the paper ones were expired... it was nothing that my BD had done, and the Judge dismissed the case when my daughter and her dad went and showed the real plates... and the Judge told him to get his licence right... we told him we were trying. Anticipating the OK to go ahead and apply for the address update we were quite shocked to recieve a letter saying the licence would be suspended another year! WOW... was I upset... I was so upset, I wrote to the Govenors Office. I must give ku-dos to the state of Texas for being so helpful. Well, so far, so good. What we were told was the Gov office was in contact with the DPS to do us right. In other words, the DPS, has to answer to the GOV on this one. We actually recieved a phone call from a lady who was very helpful to get the paperwork straightened out. THANK GOD too because I was beginning to believe that the whole state was out and an automated service had taken over. WOW... this is not the first time my STATE has stuck up for us. So... for now I dont know what the end result will be... things are not resolved officially yet... but we are hoping that we will get treated right, because we just want to live right!
Of course I will update on this issue later :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home